Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 
Moving from Oracle 9i to MS SQL Server 2005 was cool, as an administrator, as I didn't have any query syntax to memorize and everything works via a simple GUI. SQL Server Management Studio is like the Oracle Database Configuration Assistant and Oracle Enterprise Manager combined into one. I suppose Oracle has added a whole lot of features into Oracle Enterprise Manager with the release of 10g, so it's unfair to compare Oracle 9i to MS SQL Server 2005, a newer product... comparing Oracle 9i to MS SQL Server 2000 and Oracle 10g to MS SQL Server 2005 is not something I can do since I've never used Oracle 10g and haven't spent much time with SQL Server 2000.

I just performed Transaction Log Shipping, Backup & Recovery using only the GUI!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?